First Friday: Manassas Cooks
September 3, 2021 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm| $25
First Friday Chef Challenge September 3rd
Entry fee $25.00
Deadline for chef entry August 27, 2021.
Enter online and pay entry fee at: https://form.jotform.com/212164403593148
All chefs will receive a Historic Manassas First Friday Chef apron.
Calling amateur home chefs! Show off your skills and imagination to create a dish to impress our panel of discerning food judges. Top 3 winners will receive a gift card to spend at Manassas Businesses.
First Place $100
Second Place $50
Third Place $25
Entries will be limited to twelve contestants. You must incorporate ingredients into an appetizer, entrée, or dessert. Five small plates should be prepared for the 5-judge panel.
Time: Chef set up 4:30-5:30 PM; Judging begins at 6PM.
Venue: To be assigned in downtown Manassas
Dishes will be scored on texture, flavor, creativity, appearance, adherence to guidelines, and drink pairing.
Food must be prepared offsite and transported to the venue.
Plates, utensils, and napkins for the judges will be provided.
1.) Your dish must include:
- An item from the Popcorn Monkey, 9407 Main St., Manassas
- An item from a Manassas Farmer’s Market Vendor
- An item from Manassas Olive Oil, 9406 Grant Ave., Manassas
- A protein from a menu item from a City of Manassas restaurant
- Any other items from City of Manassas shops
2.) You must pair your chef’s creation with a drink from:
- A Manassas City Brewery (Bad Wolf, Heritage, Tucked Away, Public House, or Sinistral)
- A Cocktail from a spirit from KO Distilling.
- A wine from Aroma Winetasting 9249 Center St. Manassas, or Merrill Anne Winery from the Saturday Farmer’s Market